1. Spend the Day at Lake Norman
Huntersville is home to the largest man-made body of fresh water in North Carolina, Lake Norman. Whether you're seeking adventure or relaxing by the water, there's something for everyone at Lake Norman.
The best part? All of these are within several minutes of Holly Crest Apartments!
2. Shopping at Birkdale Village
Birkdale Village is the premiere shopping destination in Huntersville, NC. With 52 acres of shopping, dining, and recreational activities, there are many ways to embrace the day! Below is a quick guide to some of our favorite spots at Birkdale Village.
- Restaurants: eeZ Fusion & Sushi, Red Rocks Cafe, Brixx Wood Fired Pizza, Kilwins Chocolate, and Dressler's.
- Shopping: lululemon, Uniquities, Fleet Feet, Savory Spice Shop, and Bath & Body Works.
- Other: Regal Movie Theater, Birkdale at Lake Norman Golf Course, Pure Barre, and McDowell Creek Greenway.
3. Carolina Raptor Center
The Carolina Raptor Center is a nonprofit organization that educates and inspires the world through rehabilitating birds of prey. Their website states that "the organization's science education programs serve over 27,000 students a year in formal education settings."
Alongside walk-in visits, you can join education programs (for all ages) or volunteer to help further Carolina Raptor Center's mission. We love the CRC's vision and mission and highly recommend all Huntersville residents to pay them a visit!
4. Historic Rural Hill Farm
Rural Hill is a 265-acre Historical Site, Nature Preserve, Events Site, and more. With over 350 pages of researched history and transcribed documents, you can spend a lifetime learning about this Huntersville relic!
If it's your first time visiting Rural Hill, we recommend the guided tour and walking trails. And if that's not enough, the yearly special events (such as concerts, shows, and food trucks) are guaranteed to bring you back for more.
5. Discovery Place Kids
With daily activities, programs, classes, and more, Discovery Place Kids is the perfect getaway for families living in Huntersville. There are so many ways to engage and learn at Discovery Place Kids; here are a few of our favorites.
- I CAN Work: Kids can role-play real jobs using real equipment. One example includes using x-rays on stuffed animals like a real veterinary technician.
- I CAN Move: Experience movement with boats, trains, planes, and cars. Kids can even build their own rollercoasters to learn about force and gravity!
- I CAN Be Healthy: Learn nutrition through preparing, cooking, and serving healthy cuisine. This hands-on approach is a great way to understand the importance food has on our bodies.
- I CAN Create: This art studio is every kid's dream! Engage in imagination and create a masterpiece with arts and crafts.
6. Frankie's Fun Park
Looking for another place to take the family? Maybe you and your significant other are planning a date night? Frankie's Fun Park is guaranteed fun in Huntersville.
Indulge in go-karting, mini-golf, bowling, laser tag, and hundreds of arcade games. And with great food, a good drink selection, and top-notice service, Frankie's is hard to beat.
7. Crafty Beer Guys
With a wide selection of craft beers, wines, and ciders, Crafty Beer Guys is our favorite taproom and bottle shop around. Based out of a beautiful and historic home in Downtown Huntersville, the atmosphere is second to none!
The indoor lounge has so much character, but our favorite place to hang out is on the back deck and front patio. And with trivia nights, beer flights, wine tasting, and food trucks, there is always an event going on at Crafty Beer Guys!