Many find moving day less hectic if the lease/paperwork is completed prior to your move-in date. This will allow you time to review and be clear on all the material before you move in. Just call the office at 704.550.8383, arrange to have your lease prepared, and we’ll have it ready for your signature in advance of your move.
- Contact a moving company or reserve a moving truck (allow 2-4 weeks’ notice in the summer).
- Consider holding a garage sale or selling your unnecessary items online so others can reuse them.
- Find boxes to reuse in your area by visiting websites like www.boxquest.com.
- Label boxes; list/inventory all boxes and keep a copy in a safe place.
- Use smaller boxes for heavier objects (i.e., books, computers).
- Cut back on the bubble wrap. Use old newspapers for non-fragile items and utilize sheets or towels.
- Look for environmentally-friendly cleaning products to clean up your old place.
- Schedule and confirm a planned starting time with those who are moving you.
- Assign someone to check-off boxes as they are delivered.
- Prepare a simple meal ahead of time or have extra money to eat out/order in.
Change of Address:
- Postal service of your new address (kits available at the post office) or online at moversguide.usps.com
- Magazines, doctors/dentists, schools, credit card/bank companies, etc.